Pages

Thursday, 5 January 2017

Quiltathon day 1

So Judy over at Patchwork Times has declared this weekend Quiltathon weekend. Well it would be rude not to join in wouldn't it.

I had a late start today as I had Yoga this morning and a few chores to do. I did manage a few hours sewing this afternoon though.

First up were some Bee Blocks



The patterns/instructions for these cat blocks can be found on Elizabeth Hartman's site HERE.

Next up was to work on a UFO.

This is Mini Galaxy of Stars, the practise block from Sleeping Under The Stars


I'm making it into a wall hanging and decided it needed a border

What have I let myself in for


Yep, a 3" border of 5 pieces, two of which are 0.25 finished.

The corners will be rounded so I've printed out some templates


I think I'll hand piece these. Something to do tomorrow. ( Add I've just noticed one of the templates is wrong, will have to draw them out again )

So after an afternoons work my UFO looks like this


Not much progress really. Hopefully I can get the other borders on tomorrow after another morning spent in the Yoga Studio.

I'll also be stroking the new fabric that arrived this morning.



I have no idea what I'm going to do with them but they needed to come and live with me.

Linking up with Patchwork Times for Quiltathon Day 1

3 comments:

  1. What a great start quilt that is. Is that your UFO for the month? The cat blocks are cute, also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. really cute cat blocks - I love the star quilt - is that one you made a big one too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The star wall hanging is going to be great with those fine borders

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx