Pages

Thursday, 12 January 2017

Quick Start to Finish

So I was scanning through Instagram the other day and fell in love with some fabric. It was farm animals in yoga positions. I had to have some and tracked yardage down at EQuilter.com. It's been ordered and is winging its way across the ocean to me.

BUT, I also had a quick peek on E Bay and managed to pick up a FQ of the same fabric over here in the UK


along with frogs in yoga poses that are adorable.

The reason I couldn't wait for the fabric from the US to appear is that my Yoga partner in crime ( we started on the same day) has her birthday tomorrow. I just had to use this fabric for something for her.

I fussy cut some of the animals and bordered them . Sewed them together and she will now have a new mug rug for her desk.


I used the other fabric for the back ( the frogs I'm keeping for myself)


The quilting was fairly simple. Just a cross hatch, leaving the fussy cuts alone. I couldn't decide whether to quilt in a non metallic gold or a pale blue. I decided on both. The blue in one direction and the gold in the other.


And that's it. A few hours work this afternoon.

The yardage that's on the way from the US includes another fabric in the range and will become a lap quilt for me to use in class.

9 comments:

  1. Great mug rug and you're doing well with the yoga . I should try it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun present! And fun that you found some of that fabric "at home" while you're waiting for the rest. It was meant to be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can see why you wanted the fabrics, they made me smile! I'm sure your yoga partner will love her new mug rug.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is hilarious - I can imagine the fun the designer had when drawing these. I can see why you tracked them down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect find for your friend! Don't blame you for hanging onto the froggies for yourself, they're very cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. That fabric is so fun! The mug rug is a great gift idea and I love the two-toned quilting :) Thanks for linking to TGIFF!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I should dig out my yoga tapes and try it again. (I do not believe anything can make me feel more humble than trying yoga - lol! Last time I tried, my youngest walked in the room and said, "Um, Mom? I don't think that's how she's doing it on the video." To which I replied, "I know honey. Mommy's body won't stretch that way...") The cow prints are cute. The frogs are fantastic! What a fun project for your yoga partner in crime. :)

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx