Pages

Sunday, 8 January 2017

January Quiltathon Round up

 as I said in my earlier post I've been taking part in Judy's Quiltathon weekend. I haven't posted every day as until today I was spending alot of time sewing but with not much to show.

I started with his UFO

A 24" spare block.

I decided to border it with a 3" made up of 5 pieces with the corners being curved. I machine pieced the borders but decided as some of the pieces were just a quarter inch ( finished) wide I'd hand piece the corners. That's what took the time, all of Friday to be exact.



Saturday was sandwiching and stitching in the ditch





I then had to decide how to quilt and took a while drawing out my quilting design




And it's now fully quilted and awaiting binding, which will be tomorrow.


Doesn't look much like this but as I've done it all in white only the texture shows up.








These were all taken in artifical light. I'll get some better ones tomorrow in the daylight hopefully.

Oh yes can anyone think of a name for it please. I'm useless at naming my quilts. Its an adaption of a pattern called Galaxy and is the practise block for my quilt Sleeping Under The Stars.

Linking up at Patchwork Times, The next Quiltathon will start on Feb 8

13 comments:

  1. what a great effort Gina - wonderful, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did you quilt this on your home machine or a long arm? Either way, your quilting is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I do all my quilting on my domestic Janome xx

      Delete
  3. It is so pretty but because fabulously beautiful after the quilting. You did a wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, that was quilt a productive quiltathon weekend! I love the colours and your beautiful, detailed quilting makes the whole quilt sing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. the quilting is beautiful and really adds to the quilt

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ok, that border (especially those corners) are worth every bit of time they took to make! The quilting is gor-ge-ous! You did get a lot done for Quilt-A-Thon and I think this project really benefitted from all the focus time. Well done!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Star peeping ?
    I love your white quilting , the circular outline works really well

    ReplyDelete
  8. The way the stars seem to be moving about, Star Dance? The rounded corners brought Star Roundup to mind. The mixture of different stars suggest Scrambled Stars, Scattered Stars, or Happy Family! Of them all, I like the first and last best, myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THank you. I like the idea of Scattered Stars. I'm going to stick with that I think xxx

      Delete
  9. Great use of your spare block - i love the curved border. Beautiful quilting. xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow. that's some serious detail quilting. It's just stunning.
    E xx

    ReplyDelete

I love feedback on what I sew so would love your comments. It's a chance to make new friends. I do reply to all of you as long as you are not a no-reply xxxx