Anyway I digress. Last month we did a mystery quilt based on the disappearing nine patch block. I'm afraid I didn't take many pictures but we made 9 nine patch blocks ( using 5" charms) and using a further 18 neutral charm squares came up with this. I used brights and scrappy low volume for my neutral.
I managed to finish the top in group and as I didn't have too much else to do ( who am I kidding) I pinned and quilted in the week or so that followed.
I did straight lines across the top following the corners and centres of the small squares. I then did a motif in the centre of the square on point. I also did half the motif in the edge neutral triangles. All in a pale grey.
I found an alphabet print in my stash for the backing
and used a spotty print for the binding.
I now need to find a child/baby to gift this one too.
Hopefully in this month's meeting in a week or so's time there will be a parade of these. I'll try and remember to get a picture of them all.